Where did January Go?
The last thing I remember it was early December and I was prepping for Holiday parties and finishing my Christmas shopping. Now I look at the calendar and it is February. Between the busy holidays, January family flu season, work deadlines and award season... time has flown right by!
So I find myself on February 6, 2012, posting outfit photos from December 2011. Talk about starting 2012 with a whimper. So here is a post to catch you up on my December outfits, shopping and events.
Urban Mommies and Shop Catch Tweet-up
The day before I was overdue to visit the hair dresser, I put on my slouchy 80s black top, my trouser jeans, animal print heels and a pair of fancy earrings and headed to the Fairmont Pacific Rim for a twitter party about shopping. The food was fantastic (thanks to the Giovane Cafe) and the laughs with friends even better.
Boxing Week Sales
My Mom and I hit a few sales while she was in town for the holidays. I tried, as much as possible, to stick to my list. I also came home with a few fantastic items that weren't necessarily on the list. But my proudest moment is when I left without purchasing, after I found myself trying to talk my self into something not quite right cause it "was on sale". That is personal growth ladies. To be faced with a 50% off (or more) deal and to leave empty handed because it wasn't perfect. Yah!
My list of goodies includes:
- Long sleeve t-shirts - 1 black scoop neck and 1 grey cowl neck at 50% off from Current before they closed their doors (see New Year's Eve picture below)
- Silver Chain necklace - a gift from my Mom at Plum
- Purple Protection Cardi (100% Alpaca wool) sweater from Nicole Bridger - SUPER awesome gift from my Mom (see New Year's Eve picture below)
- Black Surrender dress from Nicole Bridger - I couldn't resist this cute and versatile dress when their fall collection went 50% off. It will be perfect for a warm beach vacation later this winter.
- After last but not least after Boxing Week I hit the Fluevog January sale. I came home with two pairs of shoes, the practical and cute black Barkervilles and a pair of very sexy red Paris platforms.
We had a very family oriented New Year's Eve. We went sledding at a local mountain. So I bundled up in my cozy but practical clothes. This was one of the rare times I wore leggings with just a sweater, as I added my ski pants (and jacket) once we hit the hill. So here I am in my new Nicole Bridger cardigan. I layered my 2 new t-shirts with the black scoop neck over the grey cowl neck. I added my favourite KDon wool scarf and the hat I bought at the Circle Craft Christmas market. And I am sledding ready.
And no I made no New Year's Resolutions. So no regrets yet in 2012. Other than feeling a bit behind in my January blogging.
Don't forget to enter my Phantom of the Opera blu-ray giveaway ends Wednesday at 9pm EST.
Photos: Shop Catch party care of Tandon Photography. Fluevog photos from Fluevog.com and the outfit one is mine.